In 1992 and again in 2010, Franklin Learning Center was recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School Of Excellence. FLC is one of very few schools in the Philadelphia School District to be so recognized, including it in the company of Central, Girls’ High, and Masterman. Additionally, in 1997, FLC was recognized as a School of Excellence at the state level. In 2014, 2015 and 2016, FLC received the Keystone Award for Academic Excellence from the Department of Education.
Programs of Study
FLC is divided into several programs of study. They are: Computer Science, The Academy of Public Health, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Instrumental and Vocal Music, Dance, Business Administration, and College Prep.
Message from the Principal, Mrs. Nicole Lee
Hello and welcome to Franklin Learning Center’s website. At FLC we hold high expectations for student learning. The curriculum at FLC is designed around mastery learning. The staff at the Franklin Learning Center believes that given the appropriate time, materials and differentiated instruction all students can achieve proficiency in the following areas:
- Written and oral communication skills
- The development of computer and internet skills
- Preparation for college or post secondary education
- Understanding and appreciating our multi-cultural society
- The development of the self-discipline needed to achieve
- Instilling the importance of being a proactive citizen interested in improving societal living conditions
- Preparation for employment and introduction of the skills necessary for success in a technical work environment
We also hold high expectations for professional practice
- The Franklin Learning Center holds itself to high expectations of instructional practice that will meet or exceed the Pennsylvania State Standards
- The Franklin Learning Center maintains professional collaboration and continuous learning through Act 48, professional education courses, and professional goals
- The Franklin Learning Center will ensure internal accountability through measurable goals and continued professional development